§ 1 Information regarding the collection of personal data
(1) Please find below information we provide on the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is any data that can be personally connected to you, for example, name, address, e-mail addresses, and user behaviour.
(2) The data controller, Art. 4 par. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), is Digital Data Communications GmbH, firstname.lastname@example.org. The data protection officer can be contacted at email@example.com or by writing to our mailing address (see imprint) for the attention of "Data Protection Officer".
(3) When contacting us via e-mail or via completion of a contact form, the data provide by you (e-mail address and, if applicable, name) will be stored in order to answer your queries. Providing further information is optional, however it does make it easier for us to contact you in order to answer your enquiry. We delete the data arising out of this context, after processing is no longer necessary, or we limit processing if statutory retention obligations exist.
(4) In the event of using contracted service providers for the individual functions of our offer or should we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail regarding the respective processes. We will also specify the defined criteria for the storage period.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights towards us regarding your personal data:
- The right to be informed,
- The right to correction or deletion,
- The right to limitation of processing,
- The right of objection to processing,
- The right to data portability.
(2) You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority, concerning the processing of your personal data.
§ 3 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) If you use the website solely for information purposes, that is, if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we shall only collect personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we shall collect the following data which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you, and to ensure stability and security (legal basis Art. 6, par.1 S. Clause 1 lit. GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Request status/HTTP status code
- The amount of data transmitted
- The website making the request
- Operating system and device
- Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk in association with the browser you are using and by which the entity that sets the cookie (in this case, us), receives certain information. Cookies cannot run programs nor deliver viruses to your computer. They serve to make our site more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website, and our services, uses the following types of cookies (the scope and functionality of which is explained below):
- Transient Cookies (see b)
- Persistent Cookies (see c)
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time. d) You can configure your browser settings in accordance with your needs and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. However, please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
§ 4 Our website's additional functions and offers
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we also offer different services, which we invite you to use if interested. For this purpose, you must provide further personal data that we will use to provide you the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we will use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us. They are bound by our instructions and are regularly checked.
(3) Furthermore, we may disclose your personal data to third parties if we offer promotions, competitions, contracts or similar services together with partners. For more information, please provide your personal data or see the description of the offer below.
(4) If our service providers or partners are located in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
§ 5 Objection to or revocation of the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you may revoke this at any time. If you exercise this right, this will affect our ability to process your personal data after you have already given it to us.
(2) Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on the balance of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if processing is not required in particular to fulfil a contract with you, which is described by us in the description of the functions. When exercising such objection, we ask that you explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust data processing, or we shall point out to you our compelling reasons worthy of protection, on the basis of which we will continue processing.
(3) You may of course object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can inform us of your advertising conflict via the following contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org .
§ 6. Using of our online shop
(1) If you decide to order through our web shop, in order to finalise the contract, you will need to provide your personal data, required for the completion of your order. The information required for processing the contract is marked separately; any additional information is optional. We use the data provided by you to process your order. For settlement of payment we will forward your payment data to our bank. The legal basis for this is Art. 6, par.1 S., Clause 1 b) GDPR. You can voluntarily create a customer account through which we can store your data for future purchases. When you create an account under "My account", the data you provide will be revocably stored. You can always delete all other data, including your customer account, in the customer area.] We may also process the data you provide in order to inform you of other interesting and similar offers from our own portfolio or to send you emails containing technical information.
(2) We are obliged, under commercial tax law, to store data related to your address, payment details, and order data for a period of ten years. However, after [two years] we limit the processing of your data, that is, your data will only be used to comply with legal obligations.
(3) To prevent unauthorised access to your personal data by third parties, in particular to financial data, the order process is encrypted using TLS technology.
§ 7 Newsletter
(1) You can consent to subscribe to our newsletter through which we inform you about our current offers, which may be of interest to you. The goods and services to be advertised are named in the consent form.
(2) To register for our newsletter, we use the so-called double opt-in method. This means that following your registration, we will send an e-mail to your specified email address, where we will ask you to confirm that you would like the newsletter to be sent. If you do not confirm your registration within [24 hours], your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we will store your IP address and the time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of this procedure is to enable us to prove your registration and, where necessary, to clarify any possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) The only information required for sending the newsletter is your email address. The provision of further, separately marked data is voluntary and is used to enable us to address you personally. Following your confirmation, we will save your email address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6, par.1 S., 1 lit. a GDPR.
(4) You can revoke your consent to receiving the newsletter at any time and thus unsubscribe from the newsletter. You may cancel your subscription by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter email, by completing this form on our website, by email sent to email@example.com or by sending a message to the contact details stated in Imprint.
§ 8 Use of social media plug-ins
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Xing, T3N, LinkedIn, Flattr. Our company relies on the "two-click solution". This means that if you visit our website, no personal data will initially be passed on to the providers of these plug-ins. You can acknowledge the provider of the plug-in by checking the box above its initial letter or through the logo. We offer the possibility of communicating directly with the provider of the plug-in, using the button. Only if you click on the marked field and thereby activate it, will the plug-in provider receive the information that you have accessed the corresponding website of our online offer. In addition, the data mentioned under §3 of this declaration will be transmitted. In the case of Facebook and Xing, the IP address is anonymised immediately after collection, according to the respective provider in Germany. By activating the plug-in, data is automatically transmitted to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (US providers in the USA). Given that the plug-in provider collects data mainly through cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies using your browser's security settings before clicking on the greyed-out box.
(2) We have no influence on data collected and/or data processing processes, nor are we aware of the full extent of data collected, the purposes of processing, or retention periods. We also have no information regarding the deletion of data collected by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as user profiles and uses these for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation is also made for users who are not logged in, to display customised advertising and to inform other users of the social network regarding your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of such user profiles. You must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise such right. Through the plug-ins we offer you a way to interact with social networks and other users, so that we can improve our service and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for use of plug-ins is included under Art. 6, par.1, Clause 1 lit (GDPR).
(4) The data is passed on regardless whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and/or are logged in. If you are logged-in with the plug-in provider, any data we collect from you will be directly assigned to your existing account with the plug-in provider. When activating the button and link to the page, for example, the plug-in provider also stores this information in your user account and communicates it to your contacts in public. We recommend that you log out regularly after using a social network, especially before activating the button, as this way you avoid things being assigned to your profile by the plug-in provider.
(5) For more information on the purpose and extent of data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider, please refer to the privacy statements of these providers, as can be found below. There, you will also find further information regarding your rights and privacy protection options.
(6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URL with their data protection information:
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; more informations on saved data: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications and http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo Facebook has made itself subject to the EU-US privacy shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de. Google has submitted to the EU-US privacy shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy. Twitter has submitted to the EU-US privacy shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, Germany; http://www.xing.com/privacy.
- T3N, yeebase media GmbH, Kriegerstr. 40, 30161 Hanover, Germany; https://t3n.de/store/page/datenschutz.
- LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. LinkedIn has submitted to the EU-US privacy shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
- Flattr Network Ltd. with headquarters at 2nd Floor, White bear yard 114A, Clerkenwell Road, London, Middlesex, England, EC1R 5DF, Great Britain; https://flattr.com/privacy.
§ 9 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer and enable you to use the website to be analysed. The information generated by the cookie on your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymisation is enabled on this website, your IP address will first be truncated by Google within the Member States of the European Union or other parties to the agreement in the European Economic Area. The full IP address is transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there only in exceptional cases. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to analyse your use of the website, compile reports regarding website activity, and provide other services to the website operator related to website usage and internet usage.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not associated with other Google data.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp ()". As a result, IP addresses are only processed in truncated form in order to prevent Google from identifying specific individuals. If data collected about you is identifiable to you personally, it will be blocked immediately and the personal data deleted as soon as possible.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. Using the statistics gained, we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. Google has agreed to comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework, with regard to any personal data which is transferred to the USA. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6, par.1, Clause 1 lit (GDPR).
(7) This website also uses Google Analytics for the purpose of analysing visitor flows across all devices that is carried out via a user ID (Google Universal Analytics). You can disable the cross-device analysis of your usage in your customer account under "My data", "Personal data".
§ 10 Inclusion of YouTube videos
(1) We have included YouTube videos in our online offer, which are stored on http://www.YouTube.com and are directly playable from our website. These are all integrated into the "Extended Privacy Mode", i.e. no data about you, as a user, will be transferred to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data referred to in paragraph 2 be transmitted. We have no influence on this data transfer.
(2) When you visit this website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under §3 of this declaration will be transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether YouTube makes available a user account via which you are logged in or no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish it to be associated with your profile when using YouTube, you must first log out before clicking the button. YouTube stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or requirement-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation also takes place (even for users who are not logged in) for the purposes of providing customised advertising and to inform other social network users about activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact YouTube to exercise such right.
(3) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by YouTube can be found in the data protection declaration. There, you will also find further information on your corresponding rights and setting options for protecting your privacy: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
§ 11 Use of Google Adwords Conversion
(1) We use the service of Google AdWords to draw attention to our attractive offers with the help of advertising materials (so-called Google AdWords) on external websites. We can determine how successful the individual advertising measures are in relation to the data from the advertising campaigns. We are interested in showing you advertisements which are of interest to you, in making our website more interesting for you and in achieving a fair calculation of advertising costs.
(2) This advertising media is delivered by Google via the so-called "Ad Servers". For this purpose, we use Ad Server cookies through which certain parameters for measuring success can be measured, such as the display of advertisements or of clicks by users. If you access our website via a Google ad, Google AdWords will store a cookie on your device. These cookies usually expire after 30 days and should not be used to personally identify you. The unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) and opt-out information (a mark that the user no longer wishes to be addressed) are usually stored as analysis values for this cookie.
(3) These cookies enable Google to recognise your Internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of an AdWords customer's website and the cookie stored on their computer has not expired, both Google and the customer are able to recognise that the user has clicked on the ad and has been redirected to this page. Each AdWords customer is assigned a different cookie. Thus, cookies cannot be tracked using the website of an AdWords advertiser. We do not process any personal data ourselves in the aforementioned advertising measures. We only receive statistical evaluations from Google. We are able to recognise which of the advertising measures are particularly effective on the basis of these evaluations. We do not receive any further data from the use of advertising material; in particular, we cannot identify users on the basis of this information.
(4) Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection to the Google server. We have no influence on the extent and the further use of the data which is collected by Google's use of this tool, and we therefore inform you according to our knowledge: By integrating AdWords Conversion Google receives the information that you accessed the relevant part of our online presence or clicked on one of our advertisements. If you are registered with a Google service, Google may associate your visit to our website with your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, it is possible that the provider may obtain and store your IP address. (5) You can prevent participation in this tracking process in various ways: a) by setting your browser software accordingly, in particular by suppressing third-party cookies so that you will not receive ads from third-party providers; b) by deactivating cookies for conversion tracking, by setting your browser to block cookies from the domain "www.googleadservices.com", https://www.google.de/settings/ads, this setting being deleted when you delete your cookies; c) by deactivating the interest-based ads of the providers that are part of the "About Ads" self-regulation campaign via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, this setting being deleted when you delete your cookies; d) by permanently deactivating in your Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome browsers under the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please note that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this offer in full.
(6) The legal basis for processing your data is Art. 6, par.1, Clause 1 lit. (GDPR). Further information on data privacy at Google can be found here: http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy and https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html. Alternatively, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) website at http://www.networkadvertising.org. that Google has submitted to the EU-US privacy shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.